My neighbors, Walt and Linda Knudsen, have had a Lewis's Woodpecker in the
open space behind their house the last two days. I does flycatching from a
tall dead tree and visits other dead trees in the vicinity. This bird's
plumage is a little ragged, perhaps a year bird undergoing first molt. I
would like to claim it as a yard bird but cannot so far. Neither of us has
seen this species before in this area.

The address is 413 S. Divinney Street, Lakewood. This is in the Green
Mountain area at the upper end of W. Dakota Avenue. Just go to the fence in
the backyard and wait if the bird is not in the dead tree directly behind
their house. Fair photo opportunity, best in morning light.

Bob Shade, Lakewood