I haven't seen any waxwings in the Fort Collins area this year, either. One
reason I've considered is that were late freezes last spring that killed
off a lot of flowering tree buds that normally would have matured into the
berries waxwings and robins seem to love. No berries in the usual locations
(zero hackberries north of CSU campus, e.g.), so no waxwings, I guess.

- Barry Gingrich
  Broomfield, CO