I'm sorry about this late post from Friday, April 11, from Marston Reservoir,
Denver County.

Nothing rare, but a good variety. Many Franklin's, and  Ring-billed Gulls.
Around 21 California Gulls and 2 Herring Gulls. One LESSER Black-backed Gull
was still present. 4, Ruddy Duck,  8, Hooded Merganser, 2, Common Merganser,
and several Buffehead, Many Green-winged Teal, Northern Shoveler, Lesser Scaup,
Gadwall, American Wigeon, and Mallard. Two, American White Pelican were on a
sandy spit along with the Gulls.
16, Western Grebes, 1, Clark's Grebe, and 12, alternate plumaged, Horned Grebes
 along with 1, Eared Grebe were also present. Many Double-crested Cormorant and
Great Blue Heron were in the Rookery. Two Say's Phoebe were on the eastern
fence  of the lake.

I got to see a Bald Eagle get an American Coot and feed on the prey on a sand
spit. This Eagle got the Coot only after 3  attempts. Years ago at Marston I
watched another Bald Eagle try to get an American Coot, after the bird spent at
least 7 minutes dipping it's talons in the water, and then going into the water
up to it's neck trying to get it's prey. This bird finally got a Coot, but was
so water logged that the eagle could bearly get out of the water.
All of the above was seen from Bow Mar Dr., [the east side of the lake].

At Fort Logan Cemetery, Denver County, on 4/11, there were 2, Greater Scaup in
the far east pond. There had been 4 Greater Scaup in this pond for up to three
weeks prior to this time.

On a side note, I had Bushtits performing courtship in my yard, for 5 days.
Unfortunately, I think they have now left.

Happy Birding !
Tina Jones
Littleton, Jefferson County, CO.