Date:  12 May 2014
Time:  Noon - 4PM
Location:  Barr Lake - Mostly between the bridge at the visitor's center to
the Pioneer Trail

I started birding in the snow and ended up staying out for a few hours.
 There were many, many thrushes around, mostly Swainson's, some Hermit's,
and one Veery.  Also Gray Catbird.  For sparrows, I had Song, Lincoln's,
Chipping, Clay-colored, Lark, White-crowned, and one White-throated
Sparrow.  Also a Green-tailed Towhee.  I added one Orchard Oriole to the
many Bullock's.  Warblers included the usual suspects plus Yellow-breasted
Chat, MacGillavray's, and Townsend's.  Other birds of possible interest
were a Peregrine Falcon, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Warbling Vireo, Eastern
Kingbird, Least, Dusky, and one or two dozen unidentified Flycatchers, and
many soaring pelicans.

Before I left my development I also had a Northern Mockingbird just to kick
start things.  Not a bad day.

John Breitsch
Denver, Colorado
https://www.flickr.com/photos/breitschbirding/