Holcim Wetlands been closed for an undetermined period due to the unusually
high running Arkansas River that was just over 30 feet from the wetland
pond just a day or so ago broke through the bank and dissecting the trail.
I have posted an aerial photo and one taken from the county road of Holcim
Wetlands that I took this evening on the Colo Field Ornithologists facebook
page
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/129995222037/permalink/10152077028802038/>.
They show that a good amount of water continues in the wetlands pond.

 I am working with Holcim to get this damage stabilized as it is possible
that the river will take out more land area. They will have to get some
engineering  done and permission from the Corps of Engineers first.  I told
Holcim Cement at the Comm Advisory Committee meeting tonight that many
birders will be anxiously awaiting re-opening as the Least Bittern is a
very sought after bird with Holcim Wetlands the most reliable location for
it.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com