Hello,
I went up to Red Rocks today, due to Mark Chavez's email earlier this week
looking for the Golden-crowned Sparrow at Red Rocks..
When I left my house an immature Bald Eagle flew over head from Bear Creek Lake
Park, heading north.
I threw some seed under the tree at the Trading Post and the usual's came out
for RR- most all the Juncos except for the White-winged Junco,
Spotted Towhee, House Sparrow, House Finch, Western Scrub-jay, Bluejay,
Black-capped Chickadee and Song Sparrow. A Canyon Wren came up to
the porch and let me get a good look too.
There were 3 White-crowned Sparrows (1 adult and 2 first winter), and 2
Golden-crowned Sparrows (1 adult 1 first winter). They were not
down along the bushes or near the seed that I threw out, but instead were up on
the top row of dirt that comes out from the platform feeder.
I am not sure what the plant was that had gone to seed, that they were eating.

Cyndy Johnson
Lakewood, Colorado
Jefferson County