This morning I was walking along CR 120 south of Penrose when a  flock of
four or five dozen Rosy-Finches landed on the limestone bluff next to  the
road.  All of the ones I could identify were Gray-crowned  Rosy-finches.
Later on at home, looking over some group photos  of the flock, I only found
Gray-crowns.

The flock stayed along the road for about 20 mins., then took  off south
toward the river.  My location was on CR 120 about two  miles west of the
Pueblo Co. line,  just west of the bridge over "Ranger  Creek".

Rich Miller
Canon City