For the 3rd year, a pair of Red-tailed Hawks are nesting across from my home
(above my neighbors).  Hope they don't report me for snooping, the neighbors
that is.

Earlier this week, I saw my first Swainson's Hawk over Main Street, Parker.
Unfortunately, the tree used by the Swainson's for the past 3 years was cut
down this winter to make room for yet another development.

To end on an upbeat note, while on my morning run I saw about 30 Tree
Swallows surveying an open meadow that has many nesting boxes along its edge
but the most exciting part of my run was finding a Sharp-shinned Hawk's nest
in a tree just a few feet off the trail.  Female on the nest and male on the
ground with prey.

All in all, it was a perfect morning.

Pam

Pam Dowd