From: cobirds@googlegroups.com <cobirds@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Charles
Hundertmark <chundertma...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2016 4:07 PM
To: Cobirds
Subject: [cobirds] Common Grackle movements in Lafayette, Boulder County

This afternoon, we had a large flock of Common Grackles in our front yard - not
a particularly exciting bird for list purposes, but an interesting phenomenon.
For about a week or so now, I've been noting flocks of 100-200 grackles moving
through the neighborhood. They are feeding vigorously and moving on quickly.
Interestingly, many of them are molting. I'm wondering if the grackles undergo
a molt migration in the fashion that Ted Floyd has so insightfully informed us
about for Chipping Sparrows.

Chuck Hundertmark
Lafayette, CO
303-604-0531

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/81407853-9AEE-4453-BF8F-BE781DD4307E%40gmail.com.
Google
Groups<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/81407853-9AEE-4453-BF8F-BE781DD4307E%40gmail.com>
groups.google.com
Google Groups allows you to create and participate in online forums and
email-based groups with a rich experience for community conversations.