Greetings birders,

At Douglas Reservoir north of Fort Collins I saw15 Sandhill Cranes fly in
and land at the north end of the reservoir. I have seen them flying over
but never have I seen them on the ground here. A nifty occurrence but
that's not the reason I'm posting. I saw a Sharp-tailed Grouse there! I'm
still in a bit of disbelief myself but I clearly saw the white edged
pointed tail they are named for. I think I saw this bird once before on Feb
13 but not very well and dismissed it as a female Ring-necked pheasant.
That episode occurred in about the same place and time of day as today's
episode so I think it was probably the same bird. For those that might
venture out there, I saw  it fly from the rocky outcrop on the east side of
the reservoir just north of the east side parking lot. My description and
ebird list: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S34992338

David Wade
Ft Collins, CO