Well that's a wrap folks.

We finished up the 2017 season on Friday after a bit of a rollercoaster
week. We started the week well with 61 and 62 birds banded on Monday and
Tuesday but followed it up with only 7 birds on Wednesday as rain forced us
to close the nets after 45 minutes. Thursday was back up into the low 40s
but Friday, our last day was a wash as more rain kept us closed.

In Week 5 we banded 166 birds including our first *Brown Creeper, Cedar
Waxwing, Curve-billed Thrasher, Downy Woodpecker, *and both *Red-shafted
and Intergrade Flickers. *We also had our first *Least Flycatcher* of the
fall, the station has caught one every year since it's opening and we
managed to get this fall's bird on the last day of banding.

Season Recap:

911 birds of 60 species through 5 weeks of banding. Two station firsts:
*Baltimore
Oriole *and *Pacific Wren.*

Other Notables: *Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, Sharp-shinned Hawk *(2)*,
Red-eyed Vireo *(3), *Bewick's Wren, Nashville Warbler, Virginia's Warbler,
*and a *Calliope Hummingbird* (unbanded).

*Wilson's Warblers*, as expected, made up the bulk of our birds. We banded
291 of them this fall. *Lincoln's Sparrows, Orange-crowned Warblers, and
Ruby-crowned Kinglets* also made up a large percentage of our birds.

Interesting birds that we never caught but were seen in and around the
station included a *Pygmy Nuthatch, Evening Grosbeak, Red-headed
Woodpecker, *and of course, David Tønnessen's *Tropical Kingbird. *

Thanks to everyone that came down to the station and shared our birds and
we hope to see some of you in the Spring.

Good Birding,
Aaron Yappert
Assistant Bander