Cobirders,

Castlewood Canyon continues to provide great birds for me. In addition to
the persistent, vocal and numerous flock of Golden-crowned Kinglets and
Barn Owl, not to mention the Palm Warbler two weeks ago, I found a
Swainson's Thrush yesterday just below the climbing cliffs on the NW side
of the park.

I thought I spotted a Hermit Thrush (I've seen several of them there
before) low in the Gambel's Oak, but as the bird circled around me and
perched within 20 feet, I had great looks: no red on the tail whatsoever;
wings, tail, nape, crown all uniformly drab gray-brown. Sharply spotted on
the breast.

Happy birding,

Bart Deferme
Quincy Reservoir