I liked that thought-provoking post. Among the more unique days I've had, I
was fortunate one spring day to see the three Phoebes in Canyon City, over
a wide area with many stops. On another trip there I saw Rock, Canyon, and
Bewick's Wrens at Tunnel Drive (no House Wren). John Breitsch and I once
saw the six swallow species over Hasty Lake. The only other thing I can
remember is on a dawn to late-afternoon visit to Chico Basin Ranch I saw
the four falcon species. All of those were one-timers over a lot of years,
it seems to me that the more often I hit the trail and the more different
places I go, the higher my chances to are to eventually have an interesting
accumulation of related species.

Dan Stringer
Larkspur, CO