It’s here! Registration opens up Wednesday, April 19th at 10:00 am Mountain
Time for the combined Western Field Ornithologists and Colorado Field
Ornithologists Convention <https://cobirds.org/current-convention/>, which
takes place July 19 - 23rd in Summit County, CO at the Copper Mountain
Resort. Ornithologists and birders from throughout the West will convene
for one of the best birding events this summer! So let’s get you started
with convention details.

*REGISTRATION*

Click here for registration information
<https://cobirds.org/current-convention/#register>, including pricing. We
offer a number of options for attendees. We highly suggest reviewing the
registration
information packet
<https://cobirds.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Summit-County-2023-Registration-Information-Packet_v10April.pdf>
view the schedule, including the field trips, science sessions, and
workshops being offered.

*LODGING*

For lodging, if you are interested, we have a block of rooms at the Element
29 hotel at the Copper Mountain resort. Visit the Convention Logistics
<https://cobirds.org/current-convention/#logistics> section of our
convention page, and click on the “Housing” tab.

*CONVENTION HIGHLIGHTS*

·         Field Trips - We’ve got county-focused trips, accessible birding
opportunities, unique adventures that include rafting or taking a gondola
while birding, trip leaders including keynote speaker Jessie Barry, plenary
speaker Chris Wood, Ted Floyd and Sue Riffe, and, oh, so much more. A
number of different habitats from pinyon-juniper to alpine will be covered
during this convention.

·           Workshops – More workshops than ever, including how to increase
your knowledge of bird vocalizations, Pinyon Jay community science project,
how to use eBird to its fullest potential, etc

·           Student and Young Birder events – Youth leaders from WFO and
CFO have developed a robust program
<https://cobirds.org/current-convention/#youth-student> specifically for
students and young birders.

·           Science sessions with research from across the western US.

·           Vendors - Big-name optics brands, tour companies, and local
organizations will be exhibiting at this convention. To see a current list
of exhibitors, visit the convention page and click on the “Vendors"
dropdown list.

·           Bioblitz! -  During the Convention, we will be holding a
bioblitz using iNaturalist <https://www.inaturalist.org/> to see how many
total avian and non-avian organisms convention attendees can collectively
document in Colorado.

·           Social events to meet or reconnect with others and
opportunities to bid on silent auction items.

·           Copper Mountain is a great location with activities for
non-birding family and friends -- make it a vacation for everyone!

Got a question? Email us at (info at cobirds.org) or review the FAQ's on
the bottom of the convention page <https://cobirds.org/current-convention/>.

Mark your calendars, set your alarm, and get ready to be a part of an
extraordinary convention!

*Thank you to our 2023 Convention Sponsors:*

*BOREAL OWL LEVEL*

Zeiss <https://www.zeiss.com/consumer-products/us/nature-observation.html>

Swarovski Optik <https://www.swarovskioptik.com/us/en/birding>

*RED CROSSBILL LEVEL*