On Tue, 27 Oct 2015, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 01:37:48PM +0100, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:
> > Hi again Richard and all,
> >
> > Richard W.M. Jones (2015/10/27 11:57 +0000):
> > > BTW the 'spgen' program is installed, but it's broken.  It's built as
> > > a bytecode program using 'ocamlc -custom', RPM strips it (removing the
> > > bytecode), and consequently the binary won't function on Fedora.  It
> > > should have been built as a native program since I requested 'make
> > > world'.
> >
> > A new release of coccinelle fixing this issue will be published soon
> > (hopefully tomorrow).
>
> So this means I shouldn't be distributing spgen in our binary package?
>
> I was a bit confused about what this program does - there didn't seem
> to be much documentation for it :-(

It is used to make a semntic patche acceptable for inclusion in the Linux
kernel.  There is actually a very nice documentation for it in the
spgen/documentation directory.  But don't worry about distributing it now.
We will try to make it available in a better manner for the next release
(not the one planned for today, but after that).

julia