> Version 1.0.4 is released.  This removes the make of spgen when making
> spatch, removes the pre-generated menhir file when menhir is available,
> and adds the ability to reason about the lengths of statement lists.

I am becoming interested in this functionality a bit more.

The documentation contains information like the following so far.
https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/blob/3b52bd3c6960dc996186e1c58c96355db288825c/docs/manual/cocci_syntax.tex#L181

"…
metadecl          ::=
…
…
…
|       expression list [ id ] ids ;
        expression list [ const ] ids ;
…"

Which programming interfaces (for OCaml and Python) will make it possible
to determine the length of statement sequences

Would it make sense to extend the support for statement lists
in a way which is similar to the other list types in the semantic
patch language?

Regards,
Markus