>> elfring@Sonne:~/Projekte/Coccinelle/janitor> spatch.opt
>> show_same_statements2.cocci ../Probe/hdsp-excerpt1.c
>
> There is no way that I can understand the problme without having the .c file.

I attached this one to a clarification request on the topic
“Improving exception handling a bit with SmPL” two days ago.

Corresponding change possibilities can also be seen in a patch with the subject
“ALSA: rme9652: Use common error handling code in two functions”
which I published on the same day.
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9900021/
https://lkml.kernel.org/r/<fefeea4b-68a2-5b4c-2cfc-cb05383b5...@users.sourceforge.net>

> Note that most of your ...s have no annotation.  So they cannot contain
> what comes before or after.  I would suggest to put when any on all of the
> ...s here that are at statement level.

Thanks for this advice.

Regards,
Markus