>> I hope that another clarification can be achieved also for the software
>> behaviour of the following source code analysis approach.
>
> I don't run code that involves databases.  If you believe that there is a
> problem with the semantic patch, you have to make a small version that
> illustrates the problem.

Would you find the test result easier to clarify for the following
SmPL script example?

@display1@
expression action, e;
position p;
statement is, es;
@@
*e = action(...);
 if@p (<+... e ...+>)
    is
 else
    es

@display2@
expression check;
position display1.p;
statement display1.is, display1.es;
@@
*if@p (check)
    is
 else
    es

elfring@Sonne:~/Projekte/Coccinelle/janitor> spatch --parse-cocci
show_condition_checks_after_function_calls2.cocci
…
warning: iso drop_else does not match the code below on line 17
if@p (check) iselse es
…

Will any software improvements become interesting for such an use case?

Regards,
Markus