> For the record, I enabled Coccinelle in our CI (GitHub Actions)
> yesterday and worked around that issue with the following script:
>
>   make -C bpf/ coccicheck | tee /tmp/stdout
>   exit $(grep -c "[prefix of warning messages]" /tmp/stdout)

I propose to improve the data processing approach according to your recent
commit “coccinelle: Run coccicheck with GitHub Actions”.
https://github.com/cilium/cilium/commit/35d299a4ee996dc2f4beec3c88b77dedbd00b2ba

> Please see above script. I currently exit with number of failures,
> but having just 0 (success) and 1 (fail) statuses would be enough.

I suggest to stick to a more traditional handling of the program
exit status because of development concerns around software portability.

>> Will the usage of additional data structures become more interesting?
>
> Not sure I understand the question. What data structures?

Examples:

* Ordinary text files for the standard output and error channels.

* Would you like to store any search results into database tables?

* How do you think about to perform data transmissions by higher level
  programming interfaces for distributed processes?

Which software extensions can become more interesting also for
applications around your continuous integration system?

Regards,
Markus