>>> You can't have an expression directly following a statement.
>>> Only statements follow other statements.
>>
>> This information is reasonable.
>>
>> Does the Coccinelle software insist on the specification of another semicolon
>> in the SmPL script for the identification of an adjustable statement?
>
> Yes

I imagine that another view can become applicable here.

* It is possible to move a function call with a known property into a parameter
  of a subsequent function/macro call.

* I care more for the implementation detail that a following function/macro
  call exists and less that this source code needs to be an complete statement
  (together with the usual semicolon at the end).

I stumble on further software challenges if I would like to make the simple
transformation approach a bit more variable on the number of surrounding
parameters.

Regards,
Markus