On Feb 25, 2008, at 14:06, Adam Gerson wrote:

Those methods return NSInteger's. To get a reference to the
NSTableColumn you should call something like

int column = [[yourTableView selectedColumn] intValue];
NSTableColumn myColumn = [[yourTableView tableColumns] objectAtIndex:column];

It looks you're suggesting I send an intValue message to a NSInteger. That wouldn't work. :)

What I was asking about is whether (for example, and assuming a column is selected)

        [[tableView tableColumns] objectAtIndex: [tableView selectedColumn]]

is in fact the NSTableColumn that's selected. It seems likely, but the documentation does not say, that the order of the NSTableColumns in [NSTableView tableColumns] is the same as the current visible order of the columns in the table.