Just a little more info... I believe the DataGraph framework
(http://www.visualdatatools.com/DataGraph/index.html) is licensable
for use in commercial apps. We've had good success with it, though the
API takes a bit of getting used to. You might also want to check out
Drew McCormack's tutorials on SM2DGraph and his own Narrative
frameworks on macresearch.org.

barry