On Mar 3, 2008, at 9:39 PM, Steven Degutis wrote:

I haven't tested this, but I'm almost certain that the thickness of
the bottom border is exactly what causes the gradient to become
lighter. Perhaps you should follow up on Kyle's advice and try it.

You're making the assumption that I didn't. I did this in my - awakeFromNib method, as I have seen in some sample code:

[[self window] setAutorecalculatesContentBorderThickness:NO forEdge:NSMaxYEdge]; [[self window] setAutorecalculatesContentBorderThickness:NO forEdge:NSMinYEdge];
[[self window] setContentBorderThickness:0.0f forEdge:NSMaxYEdge];
[[self window] setContentBorderThickness:30.0f forEdge:NSMinYEdge];

However, it makes no difference. Did anyone get it to draw lighter this way, and if so, then what worked for you?

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>