On 3 Mar '08, at 11:23 PM, Mac QA wrote:

Can
anyone inform me how to overcome this currently limitation of
requiring one user auto-login on boot? I would like the system daemon
to be able to initiate the GUI login session to the desired user from
the login window without having to auto-login to one user and then
fast user switch to another.

This isn't a Cocoa question; I'm pretty sure someone from Apple would have to answer this, and the people I'm thinking of probably don't read this list. I don't know what specific list to recommend, though, as this is in a nebulous area that's too high-level to be Core OS but lower-level than typical 3rd party code usually accesses.

My hunch is that there isn't a way around this. That's just the way loginwindow was designed. But I don't have any specific knowledge.

—Jens