On 11 Mar 08, at 01:01, Mac QA wrote:
On 3/11/08, Jean-Daniel Dupas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As far as I know, the only reliable way to get users accounts is to
use DirectoryServices ... you also have to be aware
that the local user list storage has change between 10.4 and 10.5

Thanks for the info. Sounds none too convenient. I just realized I
could just list the /Users directory and filter out the Shared entry.
Granted, someone could have created a folder there that isn't really a
valid user, but seems like an OK 95% solution. :-)

users = [[NSFileManager defaultManager] directoryContentsAtPath:@"/ Users/"];

Fails spectacularly in some networked environments, though - user home directories aren't necessarily in /Users.