Without starting a religious war, I have to disagree with this.

ObjC++ is probably a bad idea if you are a novice programmer in general, but I think it also has some really good things going for it, and having written huge amounts of ObjC++ code, I think it's perfectly straightforward to use. It is by far your best bet for writing cross-platform code that uses a native Cocoa front end.