Hello everyone, I'm a bit of a Core Data newbie, so any thoughts on this would be much appreciated...

I have some objects, where each performs calculations, so I've subclassed NSOperation so that I can configure their dependencies and execute them on an NSOperationQueue.

I want to store the objects using Core Data, but have come up with a possible problem. I've not used Core Data before, so I may have understood this incorrectly, but the entities must be subclasses of NSManagedObject, which NSOperation is not. So... how can I use Core Data to manage the fetching and storing of the data, but NSOperation to handle the computation?

I've thought that I could maybe use my NSOperation based class as a delegate of some NSManagedObject based class, which the Core Data entity is based on. Is that possible? Or is there a better way? Does Objective-C support multiple inheritance... I don't think it does....

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Dan