Hi,
I have the following singly linked list:

typedef struct Dir
{
        // some space to hold data here
void *next; // have to take void * here cause Dir* leads to compile error
}DIR;

In my code:

DIR *temp = parentDir; //parentDir is allocated initially but its next is not allocated at this point
while (temp)
{
        temp = (DIR*)temp->next;     //here next is null so, temp now is null
}
temp = newDir; //here newDir is already allocated, but temp doesn't get allocated, in a way parentDir->next remains null.

While this type of code works fine on VS2005, it doesn't wprk here in cocoa.
How else can I reach the end of the list and add a new node?

Please help.

Thanks,
Nick