Hi Peter,

NSScroller has the following methods that might help:

- (void)trackKnob:(NSEvent *)theEvent

- (void)trackScrollButtons:(NSEvent *)theEvent

I've never subclassed NSScroller, so can't comment on the havoc that may ensue if you go down this path.

NSClipView also receives a notification when the document view changes its frame during a scroll:

-(void)viewFrameChanged:(NSNotification *)notification;

This is the method I use to do things *during* a scroll.

Best,
Cathy