Hi, there,

Maybe I'm simply confused or confusing the issue, but would it perhaps make sense to store the tree controller's contents *not* within the tree controller itself, but in an external array of "root" objects whose children the tree controller can present?

This way, by binding this "root" array to the contentObject or contentArray bindings (or whatnot), one can access the tree controller's items without querying the tree controller itself, save for perhaps sort descriptors or filter predicate information, and one can avoid at times querying the outline view, too.

Once again, apologies if I'm missing something important.  :)

Cheers,
        Andrew