Le 7 avr. 08 à 14:10, Peter Zegelin a écrit :

On 07/04/2008, at 9:07 PM, Jean-Daniel Dupas wrote:

Le 7 avr. 08 à 12:14, Peter Zegelin a écrit :
I'm trying to constrain the value of an NSSlider (while it is being dragged) depending on the state of a modifier key and being totally new to Cocoa am getting nowhere really fast! For a start, I don't seem to be able to find a way to test for a modifier key during the actual drag.

Can anyone help me here?

thanks!

Peter

To get the current modifier state during an event, -[NSEvent modifierFlags]; And -[NSApplication currentEvent] or -[NSWindow currentEvent] to get the current event (if you do not already have it).

OK but given, say, my own slidercell subclass, which event should I check in and how do I get a ref to the sliders window? I'm currently using 'continueTracking' which seems to be the right event to override:

You can get the ref window by using the -[NSView window] method. You can get the current event by using the NSApp global variable (NSEvent *event = [NSApp currentEvent];)
And see also the link in the Ron's message.