On 7 Apr '08, at 3:32 PM, SD wrote:

If I launch the deamon via command line using my regular user and then I launch the application using the Security.framework authentication, the application does not find the connection and starts a second deamon.

Sounds like the app and daemon are running in different contexts — the daemon as you and the app as root. A process with root privileges won't find a port registered by a regular user, for security reasons. (Root code can't trust user code.)

Don't you want it the other way around — the daemon running as root and the app as user? I think that direction works. (Though I'm not an expert on Mach or Unix privileges. Have you read through the long tech- note on daemons and agents?)

—Jens