I have a deamon application that starts up and registers itself using a pre-defined name. (NSConnection registerName: name]

I have another application that is started and it looks for the connection with [NSConnection rootProxyForConnectionWithRegisteredName: name host:nil].

This all works correctly if the processes are all launched with Xcode or the command line.

If I launch the deamon via command line using my regular user and then I launch the application using the Security.framework authentication, the application does not find the connection and starts a second deamon.

Does anyone know what is going on here and how to fix it so that the connection is registered for the whole system (not per user as it appears).

Thanx in advance.
SD.