Hi Don,

On Monday, April 14, 2008, at 09:27AM, "Don Arnel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>No...no...NO!
>
>Re-read my message. If it was unclear, what I want to do is be able to
>log (record) text being written to a chat window from another app. NOT
>log key strokes. For example, how could I progmatically record an  AIM
>chat conversation from my app?

Specifics are the key here. You can log iChat text rather easily, IIRC, via
AppleScript. Just look at its scripting dictionary--it either supports it or it
doesn't. As I recall, I could do this via the event callbacks in there, but
it's been about 6 years since I had a need to do it.

If you want to log any text in any chat app, that's an entirely different
matter.

On the topic of Input Managers, it would be fine with me if Apple did away with
this blatant security hole altogether.
I can think of zero real reasons to have it around still, which couldn't be
addressed via more secure means, or by the individual application developers.

-Chilton