On 20 Apr '08, at 3:43 AM, Ling Wang wrote:

The bug is that the cursor reverts to arrowCursor if the item is dragged off the bound calculated at the mouseDown event just before current mouseDragged event, instead of staying closedHandCursor. Maybe it will be clear till you try to run it.

Cursor-tracking glitches, where the cursor doesn't revert when exiting a view, are really common in Cocoa apps. I see them in all kinds of apps, even major Apple ones like Mail and Xcode. I think it's due to bugs in AppKit, unfortunately. These bugs have been around since at least 10.0, but they've never been fully tracked down and fixed.

—Jens