On Apr 20, 2008, at 03:43, Ling Wang wrote:

You can see the code at http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/DragItemAround/listing2.html on ADC.

The bug is that the cursor reverts to arrowCursor if the item is dragged off the bound calculated at the mouseDown event just before current mouseDragged event, instead of staying closedHandCursor. Maybe it will be clear till you try to run it.

It seems something happens when the mouse moves out of the cursor rect that is set for the item's bounds in resetCursorRects. This something is out of my knowledge, so I am hoping someone can tell me the cause of the bug and a canonical way to fix it, and I'll feedback the solution together with the bug on ADC after that.

Chances are, calling '[[self enclosingScrollView] setDocumentCursor: [NSCursor closedHandCursor]]' in 'mouseDown:' will fix the problem you're seeing. NSScrollView/NSClipView's way of changing the cursor conflicts with autoscrolling or drag-scrolling, but AFAIK there's no way of preventing that interference directly.