I my app I want to be able to use drawing paths for two purposes:

1. Clip images to the path

2. Generate points that lie on the path as a function of the distance along the path

I want to be able to create paths with Omnigraffle or some other vector-image app, and export them to PDF or EPS or equivalent format. The objects I am dealing with could have multiple path segments and/or paths that intersect themselves and each other. I will probably use Quartz rather than Cocoa drawing.

I expected to see a class method for NSBezierPath that would grab a path from a file, but it is not there. So:

1. What file format should I use to store my paths?

2. How do I get the path into an object that I can use?

I can clip images to a path by using the addClip method on the NSBezierPath. Are there any easy ways of calculating the points on the path as a function of the distance from the start of the path?