>  You know what?  I don't think you've ever said that you know that
>  view.drawing != nil.  Check that.

  Though NSArchiver says this scenario would produce an exception,
NSKeyedArchiver does not seem to do the same (the documentation
doesn't say what will happen and a quick test with an NSBezierPath
shows that it indeed does not).

  In other words, you will get a valid archive (not nil and not an
exception) to save; it's just an empty one. So this suggestion is an
important one - you should definitely check to make sure you're not
trying to archive nil instead of an NSBezierPath instance.

  Regarding the other aspect of this post, the point that the OP
should fix the NSError bug has been well-made. Let's not turn this
thread into a fifty-message-long "I disagree that you disagree
<citation #302384>!" and "Yeah? well I disagree because you clearly
didn't understand <citation #302385>!" ... those only ever degenerate
into mud-slinging contests worthy of nomination for the 2008 Pedantic
Pontificator Awards. ;-)

--
I.S.