Hi,

On 5.5.2008, at 23:14, Jens Alfke wrote:

On 5 May '08, at 12:53 PM, Robert Cerny wrote:

doc = [[NSXMLDocument alloc] initWithData:webData
                                  error:&error];

Try using -initWithContentsOfURL: instead — then it can see the HTTP headers, which might describe the encoding.

good idea, but it didn't change anything

You don't get an error back in the 'error' parameter?

Error Domain=NSXMLParserErrorDomain Code=1 UserInfo=0x12d8300 "line 217 column 9376 - Warning: discarding invalid character code 141
line 298 column 210 - Warning: '<' + '/' + letter not allowed here
line 298 column 217 - Warning: '<' + '/' + letter not allowed here
line 49 column 11 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
line 217 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute
Info: Doctype given is "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
Info: Document content looks like XHTML 1.0 Transitional
5 warnings, 0 errors were found!

However I don't get correctly encoded data from NSXMLNodes

Well, what *do* you get? Show us the data and what you expected.

I get the data in us-ascii encoding. The accented characters are missing from output or changed to wrong letters

When I get contents of URL as NSData and convert it to [NSString initWithData:(NSData *)data encoding:(NSStringEncoding)encoding] and provide NSWindowsCP1250Encoding, I get correct result.

Then you could use the -initWithXMLString: initializer instead...

—Jens

Robert