Hi,

There's a way to design a view (with whatever controls you want) in a nib file and put that into a table cell that we used in a project a while ago.

I don't remember where we got it, but if you Google "SubviewTableViewController" or "SubviewTableViewCell" it should get you in the right direction. I remember it was kind of fussy to figure out and get working (I was pretty new to Cocoa at the time), but it's pretty nice once you get it going.

--
Louis Sinclair

Randall Meadows wrote:
Ok, so I have my table displaying a variety of controls in different rows, thanks to Leopard's new tableView:dataCellForTableColumn:row: method. Now, to throw a wrench into the works...

One of the aforementioned control types is a NSSlider. This particular slider has a very wide range (2800-10000 in increments of 100), so it'd be real nice to be able to also show a text field beside it that displays the current value (since NSSlider's setTitle: is deprecated, and, apparently, not very useful since the text is blocked by the control handle?). [I use a slider so I can more easily enforce the range and increment rule dictated by the hardware I'm interfacing with.]

So what I'd like to do is put both an NSSlider and an NSTextField in a single table cell, but I'm failing to see how I might accomplish that. Anyone have any great ideas (FSDO "great")?

Thanks!
randy