On 6 May 2008, at 02:17, j o a r wrote:

On May 5, 2008, at 4:46 PM, Hamish Allan wrote:

I don't remember where we got it, but if you Google
"SubviewTableViewController" or "SubviewTableViewCell" it should get you in
the right direction.

It's by Joar Wingfors:

http://joar.com/code/

On Leopard you can often use NSCollectionView or NSRuleEditor instead of that old hack... :-)

You can also create a custom cell subclass to solve this type of problem. This is a good piece of sample code to show how that works:

        <http://developer.apple.com/samplecode/PhotoSearch/>

j o a r

Joar,

I had independently experimented with a similar hack (adding row views as subviews of the Table) and was about to flesh it out until I came across your pre-baked example. Before I dive too deeply into using it, do you see any problem in using it over the custom cell subclass method? I need to support 10.4 and later so alas NSCollectionView is a no-go. I assume that you have real-world code running in real software that uses SubviewTableViewCell. Have you had any issues with it that make it risky?

Thanks

Matt Gough