>  We need to ship some frameworks that are common to a few of our apps.
>  The question, of course, is where to put these, and how to bundle them
>  with apps so downloads, etc. are not huge and bloated.  I'd like to
>  hear other's experience with this.  Do you put common frameworks in a
>  place such as /Library/Frameworks, or do you put them in your own app
>  support directory?  How do you handle things like a drag-to-install
>  and move-to-trash to uninstall (or can you with common frameworks)?

  Yes, common frameworks should be in /Library/Frameworks or
~/Library/Frameworks. It's best to use a proper installer (which
handles authenticating the user, installing to various target folders,
running pre- and post-flight scripts, etc. which can be important for
detecting version conflicts, quitting dependent apps if they're
running, and other such issues). The drag-to-install approach in an
application that needs write access to folders requiring admin rights
is not the best approach, IMO.

--
I.S.