begin rant:

Oh me oh my the poor newcomers to Cocoa. Sorry folks back in the days of 360 mainframes there were manuals and they were inscrutable. But if you took the Winston Churchill aproach and spent some blood, sweat, toil and tears you would probably become a 1/2 decent assembler language programmer.

Same with Obj- C - if you know C you can grok Obj-C in at most a week - less if you are experienced. You won't be a master of it for a year or so of serious programming.
But that's true of acquiring literacy in any field.

Finally in this spoon fed age of sound bytes and simplistic and thoughtless political and economic panacea's in a world far more complex that when I grew up (70 years ago)
you newbies to Cocoa need to do what the docs provide you with.

RTFM! and sweat it out. Or else take the blue pill! Sheesh they all want pay for no work!

rant ends: