I agree completely with Mark Roseman's analysis:

  1) Too many chioces
  2) Too many concepts
  3) Too much housekeeping
  4) Doesn't support everything
  5) Too much hype.

  The only additions I can make are the following:
  1) Many folks from the Windows worls are certainly familiar with too many
choices for good or ill.
  2) Programming and Computer Scienec are all about concepts.  I don't think
someone should consider themselves a competent object oriented programmer if
they are not familiar with the MVC pattern that organizes all of Cocoa.  That's
just my opinion though.  And seriously, you can never have too many concepts.
When you are unwilling to learn or gasp invent a new concept, you have just
given up.
  3) There absolutely is too much housekeeping
  4) No framewor supports everything.  Framework support for undo/redo is down
right rare.
  5) There absolutely has been too much hype particularly about bindings!