>I admit, there are lots of people who don't mind dangerous
>programming environments.  Some people even thrive on them.  But me?
>I've had enough of the danger.  I've lived my life on the edge long
>enough, and I'm ready for a nice, quiet language when it's available.

Stay with the M$ way then, it seems to me the less adventurous choice today

It is a question of intellectual curiosity I believe, maybe you are too old and
tired to take new risk and have more fun ?

>disturb me are REALLY minor relative to the other stuff.  If Xcode
>and IB and the documentation worked perfectly, I could easily
>overlook how Objective-C works.

I know that it can be biased, but I am using every day Visual 2003 for my job,
producing C++ code, and sincerely, I don't find the tools and doc superior to
the MacOSX ones. Maybe it has more sense to use them when programming C#/.Net
code, I don't know.

I had to explore .Net to integrate a .Net component in our Qt/trolltech
project, to do Olap stuff, I was frightened by the state of the documentation
for the .Net components, the learning curve was very unfriendly.

I don't like everything in Cocoa/Xcode/IB, but I feel that your criticism are a
bit artificial here. All of us have a lot of different experience in
programming; we have to fight with hostile environment sometimes, it is our job
: I maintain the server part of our product under solaris, with sunstudio 11
and other tools like xemacs and co...

Xcode is very easy to use, navigating in the project is very efficient, the doc
is well formed, IB is very powerful, and the tool are improving a lot every
time a version is out.

Regards

   Gerard