It's included for 10.5. I don't think you want Image Capture for your app, though as this API is mainly for downloading images from the camera after a photo shoot. I don't believe there is any mechanism for causing the picture to be taken (from a button click in your app for example). QTKit is probably more appropriate from what you're describing. You could start here: http://tinyurl.com/4rtab7 for that.

If you are sure you want Image Capture, then you just need to include the Carbon.framework in your app and start here: http://tinyurl.com/4ds3kk

Then take a look at the APIs here: http://tinyurl.com/4t65zq

-Matt