What you're doing here is allocating an empty array, and then setting the
pointer of your instance variable to a new array, created with the
arrayWithObjects message.  An array returned by this message is
autoreleased, so at the end of your init method, it's being released.  All
these type of convenience methods autorelease the object they return, so to
have it hang around, you'll have to retain it.

Also you're leaking the memory from the first alloc init, as this is
allocated, but the reference to it is lost.

To fix this, you can remove your initial alloc of an array, and just send a
retain message to the array that you populate with the cities.  That way, it
won't disappear without your consent (i.e. when you elect to send it a
release message).

Cheers,

Paul