On May 21, 2008, at 11:11 AM, Mike Fischer wrote:

There are hacks that rely on special pathnames to access the resource fork of a file. (Something like /path/to/file/..namedfork/ rsrc) But I would not recommend using them as there is no guarantee that they will continue to work in the future (or even now in the context of Cocoa file operations). Also they might only work on certain volume formats.

I suppose I could end up eating my words, but I'd be surprised if ..namedfork/rsrc went away given that doing so would break a really huge number of applications at this point, the fact that it's currently the only way to access a resource fork from Cocoa/POSIX without using Carbon calls, and the fact that Carbon seems to be becoming deprecated these days.

Charles