On 23 May 2008, at 00:33, Jerry Krinock wrote:

On 2008 May, 22, at 15:45, Robert Cerny wrote:

On 23.5.2008, at 0:32, Lorenzo wrote:

I need to watch at a given folder and check whenever a new file has been copied therein. At the beginning, I fired a timer periodically getting the
list of the contents of that folder with

 directoryContentsAtPath

Don't do that. The solution for this problem has been built into the system since Mac OS 10.2 or .3, as noted by Robert:

UKQueue by Uli
<http://www.zathras.de/angelweb/sourcecode.htm>

And if your target is Mac OS 10.5 or later, look into FSEvents.

And if you do that, Stuart Connolly has written a nice wrapper called SCEvents:
http://stuconnolly.com/projects/source-code/

Simon