Yes. You can use Apple Scripting to achieve this. Another trivial method to
do this could be using Automator.app. By Automator you can create workflow's
for importing mails/calenders/addresses etc using automator-actions provided
by Mail.app and Entourage.app (They both support automator actions). You can
save the Automator workflow file on disk and use your Cocoa App to load the
workflow programatically using AMWorkFlow framework and execute it. link:
http://developer.apple.com/releasenotes/AppleApplications/RN-Automator/index.html
This will allow you to achieve what you want to do with minimal Cocoa-Obj
C/Apple Scripting code.

Hope this helps.

- Vijay